Hi – I’m Helen, the creator of Differentville, and here’s where you’ll find all the information about potentially working with me and the site.
First a bit of background.
Differentville is the travel blog of frustrated journalist Helen Foster – that’s me up there. I use the word frustrated because a long, long time ago when I was at a crossroads in my career I had to make a decision. I’d been a travel editor of a glossy magazine and upon being dealt the happy hand of redundancy had done a few travel pieces for newspapers and magazine but at the same time I was fast developing a reputation for writing health stories. So, my second choice was to go into health – and just take a lot of holidays to indulge my love of travelling.
For many reasons, I chose the latter and it’s gone well – not just the writing bit, but also the taking a lot of holidays – at once stage I nearly wasn’t allowed on a flight as my passport was falling to bits from overuse (that was a hairy few hours).
Fact is, I’ve always loved to travel – but recently, I’ve also started to enjoy writing about travel again. I’ve had pieces published in Sainsbury’s magazine in the UK, in the Sunday Telegraph in Australia and on websites like Passport Stamps and The Carousel but I wanted to have somewhere else to write about the fun stuff I was seeing and doing – and decided a travel blog would be the perfect place. So, here it is.
Working with Differentville
I’m always looking for new ideas for things to feature on the site. As a journalist, I’m good at finding unique angles but it’s great to get extra input particularly on anything new that’s launching. Please get in touch if you know of anything or anyone I should feature.
Ways we can work together include…
- Sponsored posts – I’m open to sponsored posts talking about anything that fits our fun, unusual, quirky vibe – please note though, I don’t offer paid for follow links.
- Reviews – if you’ve got something fun you’d love me to come and see, an odd food you’d like me to try, a destination you’d love me to visit – let me know
- Guest posts – as Differentville is in its infancy, I’m happy to contribute guest posts to other people – and I’d love other travel bloggers to post here if you have something quirky I should know about and would like some extra google juice. I will offer full follow links on any content from other bloggers.
- Commissioned articles – I’m working journalist with over 20 years experience. I was travel editor for a glossy magazine (once upon a time, a long, long time ago) and have written travel for a number of titles. See my Published Works page for examples of some of my articles.
- Wishlist – if you have a new attraction, hotel, sight or event coming up that would work for our news-style ‘wishlist’ section of places we’d love to visit please let me know.
- Interviews – Do you have a fun, quirky job in travel then drop me a line about a possible interview.
- Affiliate links – If you have an affiliate scheme that you think would be a good fit on the site, I’d love to hear more.
- Advertising – Right now, I’d prefer to run directly sold adverts than sign up with an automated service as I’d rather ads were closely targeted to the reader. Rates are very competitive because the site is just starting out. If you’re a company with something new/fun/different to promote it could be perfect for both of us, drop me a line.
You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding rates for any of the above. My media kit is available to download here
Other Business Info
Differentville includes affiliate links. If you click on some of the links on my posts I could earn a small commission if you buy anything. This doesn’t cost you anything extra. Posts with links in them are clearly disclosed.
This blog does not share personal information with third parties. I do however use services like Google Analytics which stores cookies from your computer that shows me information like how many people went to what page and for how long.
This helps me analyse what’s working and what’s not and hopefully write more stuff you might like. It collects information such as your IP address and the browser you’re using – however, I don’t know who you are from this information nor do I store any information about your visit to this blog other than to analyse and optimise your content and reading experience through the use of these cookies. You can turn off cookies at any time by changing your specific browser settings.
Unsubscribing from Differentville: If you sign up for further communication via the form on our website we may send you notifications when we publish a new post and/or a monthly newsletter. These are always sent with an unsubscribe option and if you don’t want to hear from us any more it’s easy to unsubscribe using this tool. But don’t, we like having you around.
We aim to for all information on Differentville to be correct at the time of publication. However, things change rapidly in travel so we cannot be held responsible for any changes in prices or timings or unavailability to service or sights mentioned. Please check with any companies directly before making plans.
The information published here is not intended to be comprehensive, nor does it constitute advice or recommendation in any way. We will not be liable for any errors or omissions and will not be responsible for any losses, injuries or damages related to your reliance on this website.
Please note that everything on Differentville is copyright of Helen Foster (unless marked otherwise). It must not be reproduced in any form without written permission of myself. Links and pingbacks to pieces and/or social shares are fine – welcomed in fact. Go on share, the love!